What is it, boy? :
    Why are you making that face? :
    Roberto glanced me:
    The cat jumped out the window in the blink of an eye:

Forero Experto Avatar de carolina villa

Predeterminado Re: ¿ Cómo se dice ... ?

My attempt. (Mil años después!!)
    Cita Iniciado por Emeric Ver mensaje
    Me he fracturado el brazo :................................................. .................................................. .................. I've fractured my arm.
    Por poco me caigo : .................................................. .................................................. ..............................I nearly/almost fell.
    Por más que grites, nadie te oye : .................................................. .................................................. ..........No matter how much you scream, no one can hear you.
    Dime con quién andas, y te diré quién eres : .................................................. ..............................................Bird s of a feather. (adaptación) --Tal para cual.
    ¡ Ni soñarlo ! :................................................. .................................................. ........................................No way! (adaptación)
    Me quedé con las ganas : .................................................. .................................................. .......................Keep wanting/I was left hanging. (dependiendo)
    Yo que tú, no haría eso :................................................. .................................................. .......................... I wouldn't do that, if I were you.
    No me importa que no me creas :................................................. .................................................. ............. I don't care if you don't believe me.
    Eres el hazmerreír del barrio : .................................................. .................................................. ..................You're the laughing stock of the entire neighborhood! (fluye mejor con 'entero')
    ¿ Quieres más azúcar ? : .................................................. .................................................. ..........................Do you want more sugar?
    Tengo ganas de comerme un bocadillo : .................................................. .................................................. .....I feel like (having) a snack.
    Espérame aquí : .................................................. .................................................. .......................................Wait for me here.
    Llámame después de las 10 de la noche : .................................................. .................................................. ....Call me after 10 p.m.
    ¡ Sal de ahí ! : .................................................. .................................................. ..........................................Get out of there.
    Carlos debe de estar en casa de Laura :................................................. .................................................. ........ Carlos must be at Laura's (house)?
    ¿ Cuánto pesas ? : .................................................. .................................................. ....................................What do you weigh?/How heavy are you?
    ¿ Cuánto mides ? : .................................................. .................................................. ....................................What's your height?/How tall are you?
    ¿ Te queda alguna botella de vino ? : .................................................. .................................................. ...........Do you have a remaining wine bottle?
    ¿ Qué te pasa, chico ? : .................................................. .................................................. ..............................What's wrong with you, boy/man?
    ¿ Por qué pones esa cara ? :................................................. .................................................. ......................... Why are you making that face?
    Roberto me miró de reojo : .................................................. .................................................. ..........................Roberto looked at me out of the corner of his eye's.
    El gato saltó por la ventana en un abrir y cerrar de ojos :................................................. .....................................The cat jumped out (of) the window in the blink of an eye.
    Última edición por carolina villa; 15/11/2012 a las 18:54
    La represión cría perversión. -Yo 8-)

14 dic, 03

Predeterminado Re: ¿ Cómo se dice ... ?

Thank you for answering.